Not sure how to end your presentation? Tempted to take the easy way out and use a generic “thank you” slide? Today I’m going to tell you exactly why you should ditch the thank you slide and give you some alternative ideas on how to end your presentation meaningfully. The practical reality is that we present information because we want something to be different at the end of the presentation, right? We want to inspire action.
- We want to raise money for a cause or product we believe in.
- We want to acquire a new client.
- We want to share inspirational ideas and technology that can change the world.
“is the thank you slide supporting that goal?”In most cases, the answer is no.
How do you end a presentation without a thank you slide?If you’ve done your job properly, your audience will never be more inspired to take action that right at the end of your presentation. So, find a way to capitalize it. While they’re still focused on you. And pumped for the cause. Make your ask. Have your Call-to-Action right up on the screen. You’re Call-to-Action (CTA) is providing clear instruction on what you’re audience do next.
Here are some examples of what that might look like:
1. Join your email list for more infoInstead of the thank you slide, you may opt to have your audience go to a special landing page that you have created just for the event. That landing page can say Thank you! and provide an offer of some sort to the audience like:
- a free copy of your ebook
- a weekly newsletter update that keeps your audience up-to-date on your topic
- provide access to your calendar to schedule a one-on-one discussion